.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Taking liberties since 1978

16.12.05

Digital Web Magazine - The End of Usability Culture

For a fantastic article on what Web 2.0 offers in terms of usability versus design, I've yet to see better than this article from Digital Web Magazine:
Digital Web Magazine - The End of Usability Culture

I am in the rare position of being both the usability expert and the interface designer for my company and this article covers some of the very issues I looked at in my last strategy report.

Namely the conflict between usability and design and the need for pragmatism in the use of both and it goes furhter in that it reflects my current desires to improve my design skills again. It also mentions the role library science has played in information architecture.

It looks at the history of the web and uses that as a springboard to look forward at web 2.0.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home