.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Taking liberties since 1978

26.4.06

DOM Scripting - A must read


Dom Scripting - Jeremy Keith

I've been reading this book, to brush up on some rather under used JavaScript skills. This book addresses the essential issues around JavaScript, which (for me anyway) is not the technical stuff, so much as best practice. There are a zillion books out there on writing JavaScript, but this looks at JavaScript with the same attitude I have towards CSS, with regards to accessibility and graceful depreciation.

I've not finished this book, but so far it has been a breath of fresh air, getting away from the attitude of we can't use JavaScript and keep our site accessibile attitude, onto a more forward thinking way of how to use the best of JavaScript to improve usability without sacrificing functionality. While I understood this in principle, I can now implement it with a lot more confidence.

Anyone who is raving about AJAX and Web2.0 should be made to read this book to make sure they are writting good code rather than just "cool" code.

Thanks Jeremy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home