.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Taking liberties since 1978

4.2.06

Morality and User Interface Design

Another Useful Blog: Morality and User Interface Design

Interesting look at UI design and where is has moral impact. Although it's not widely discussed, mainly because it is far to easy to sound like you are trying to "big yourself up" it has to be acknowledged that interface design does has a level of ethical responsability.

I notice this on a daily level when looking at accessibility within my design. I'm motivated by a personal desire to make sure technology is accessible as possible; especailly when it can offer a real life line to people. Within the context of library software, it is completely inline with a libraries objectives; to make sure that everyone in the community can access the information (the internet holds).

I may not be designing interfaces for medical applications, but I do feel a lot better about working on designing a great OPAC than I would working for an insurance firm or bank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home