.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Taking liberties since 1978

4.2.06

Web design 2.0

Naked IT

An interesting blog on design trends in Web 2.0. It holds particular interest with me because I was writing a report on this, before I got dragged off to design three blogs for work.

It's taken a slightly different approach to my thoughts on it, but picks up some really good points like the major resurgence of Arial, I hated Arial but I found myself using it more and more recently.
Rounded corners have been about for a while, but with the iPod becoming such a design icon it has only become more popular.
If you are in any doubt of the validity of this blog just check out TechCrunch the ultimate Web2.0 blog and you can see all the checklist items are there.

The biggest dispointment is the lack of understanding from the author about getting the code right. He knows it is important but doesn't understand the value of using semantic code.

However I can now feel confident that my new designs should give hit the nail on the head as I've already picked up on these trends, if only subconciously, and have already reflected them in the new designs.

The real challenge is to find my own style for my website which remains uninspiringly average at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home