.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Taking liberties since 1978

5.1.06

microformats xFolk

xFolk

I made a very brief post about microformats before. Now I have found they have a standards for folksonomies among other really useful things like contact cards.

These are not standards that go against those set by the W3C, but rather they add to them. Offering better interoperability and thus increasing the value of the data; by adding a semantics to commonly collected information.

There is a great deal of potential here, but while I'm still learning more about it I'm ill equipped to write at any great length. However I think it is fair to say there will be more from me on this in the future.

Update: the ryan king offers an excellent explination of who this all ties together with Web 2.0 and also with Tim Berners-Lee's vision as laid out in Weaving the Web.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. If you're interested in microformats, we have lots of discussion channels at microformats.org.

7:14 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home